A couple of weeks ago I sent out a tweet asking about interest in advanced technical content for VMworld.
I had a huge response with theme being – you want more technical content and less marketing.
So I took it upon myself to round-up many of my performance minded and engineering friends and create the following “Extreme Performance” and “Big Data” sessions to meet your advanced technical appetites. The session speakers are those folks that work deep in this technology everyday and don’t often get the opportunity to share their data, practices and passion on stage. These are the people I learn from so I’m hopeful to get them in front of you.
The following sessions were created to cover the various vSphere performance dimensions of vCenter, CPU, Memory, Network and Storage in significant depth by not cramming them into a single session.
- Session# 5234: Extreme Performance Series: vCenter of the Universe (with Ravi and Deep)
- Session# 4811: Extreme Performance Series: Stretch Your Virtual Foot Print with Monster VMs (with Seongbeom and Myself)
“But Mark, where are the Network and Storage sessions?” you ask. They need a little extra approval but show your interest in the sessions above as it will reflect your desire to see the others. Think of these as an informal mini-track of Performance goodness. Vote for these to get all of them.
For those interested in Big Data, the following sessions dig deep into huge and in-memory databases:
- Session# 5190: Big Data: Virtualized Greenplum DB Performance, Scalability and Practices (with Vincent)
- Session# 5591: Big Data: Virtualized SAP HANA Performance, Scalability and Practices (with Todd and Bob)
- Session# 5622: Big Data: Virtualizing NoSQL Applications and Practices (with Priti and Rean)
If you want to take a look behind the scenes and how the Technical Marketing team deployed, load-tested and operated the cloud hosting the labs, you won’t want to miss this session:
- Session# 4684: Hand-on-Labs Cloud: A Performance Deep Dive (with Joey and Josh)
Speaking of Hands-on-Labs, there is a great team pulling together this year’s HOL-SDC-1304 Optimize vSphere Performance lab. Be sure to leave some time in your VMworld schedule to take this lab. I promise some information you won’t want to miss.
Lastly, a selfish plug for a panel with my VCDX peers where we’ll focus on pushing the limits of our technology supporting the biggest and baddest workloads:
- Session# 4679: Software Defined Datacenter Design Panel for Monster VM’s : Taking the Technology to the Limits for High Utilization, High Performance Workloads (Michael, Andrew, Mostafa and Myself)
The goal of all the content above is to highlight technical speakers, go deep into specific technologies and make sure the audience learns something new. That said, there are so many great sessions, speakers and content it will be hard to vote and sadly some may be turned down. Remember this isn’t your only venue to get in front of the virtualization community, be sure to get involved in your local VMUGs.
Vote NOW eh!